Greetings from the land of my desk! It's your faithful comic creator, Andrenn, back to tell you more unwanted information about how I make this comic! Today we're gonna cover a little closer to the actual creation process as we cover how a comic goes from it's earliest sketched idea to the final version I post on here. I'm using two recent comics as a good example for this. First up, Billy Comics #26, Bad Dog. This comic had a very different second half. It's a good showcase that an idea may seem fun/funny at first but upon making it real, it doesn't hit the same way. My initial idea was more of a fun little gag where Georgie rides off victorious. I liked it all right but after drawing it out I just wasn't finding it as humorous. So I rethought the gag a few different ways. Eventually stumbling upon the idea of demonically powering up the pets to free themselves. It felt a lot more in line with the character and the weird creepy/cute horror world we play ...
Welcome to our second character profile, going further in depth on Billy's mom, Zindy! Read on to learn all about her! Full Name: Zindrellia, goes by Zindy Age: 37 Favorite Food: Steak & Lobster Theme Song: Season of the Witch by Donovan Abilities: Vast magical knowledge, too many spells to list here. History: Born into a long running coven of witches, Zindy was something a free spirit from day one. Never really jiving with her mother's world of darkness and curses. Her mother was the head mistress of the Great Order of the Eye. A coven that worshipped the Eye of a long dead Dark God. It's Eye being all that remained. Storing all it's immense power to be channeled by it's followers. Zindy was initiated into the Coven, but she only stuck around a few short years as a full member. Her free spirit often lead her to seeking other outlets. Becoming a big fan of the peace and love movement from the 60's/70's and trying to help recreate that love for the world....
If you've read previous BTB and character profiles then you know this series has been gestating for a long, long time. During that time I had a few stops and starts with where to begin our tale. How you start your story is important and I had a few different ways to start Billy's. Here, we're going to recollect all the times that Billy almost got his first storyline. To be clear, by storyline I mean multi-part/page story arc.. While I had various ideas of how to start Bone Boy Billy, I ended up deciding to go with a series of character vignettes to start us up. Working as more of an introduction to each specific character I wanted to focus on. You could sort of call this a mini-arc like "Meeting the family" or something along those lines, but each comic is it's own separate story. Now there was also the four part story where Billy learns to toughen up a little, but I'd consider that a mini-arc again. No, by our first storyline I'm talking several part...
Comments
Post a Comment